Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Decision

"I'm nearly twenty-one", you say...
"But things aren't working out my way.
School's a flop, and work's a bore,
And nothing feels right anymore.

I think I need to make a change,
And my priorities rearrange.
I'll take some time and really pray
And see what Heavenly Father has to say."

Over many months you prayed and pondered.
"What will your answer be?" we wondered.
We left you alone to work it out.
We knew you could, we had no doubt.

We prayed for you as you agonized.
Then you came to us and we realized...
The waiting was over, you'd come to a decision.
And boldly you said, "I'm serving a mission!"

With tears in our eyes, and joy in our hearts
We looked at each other like loving sweethearts
Overwhelmed at the pride and the love felt for you,
And this decision you made because the gospel is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment