Your letter came.
I can read between the lines.
Although you try to cover up,
I know you're down.
And what do I write back?
What words of encouragement
Can I offer you?
To buoy you up,
Or to help you smile?
My words on a paper
Are the only thing
That I can give to you
At this time.
I cannot reach out to you
And touch your arm
Or embrace you
Or comfort you with a hug.
I cannot do all those things
Which, as a mother,
I am compelled to do.
You are in the mission field.
And I am here at home.
And words on a paper
Have become my link to you.
Words on a paper
Have become my contribution
To comfort you.
Words on a paper have become
The only means I have
With which to send my love to you.
Words of love.
Words of encouragement.
Words on a paper.
Back to Barcelona
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment